1) I have never read a Harry Potter book – even though I have watched all the films. However as part of the 2018 Popsugar reading challenge I am going to read the first book in the series, and will use it for the question ‘A book that been turned into a film that you have seen but haven’t read’.
2) I am not a fan of classics. I have tried time and time again to read classic books, but I just can’t get into them. I keep attempting to read Pride and Prejudice, but I fail every single time.
3) I am in love with Will from the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. If you have read this series you will understand. He is just everything you want in a boyfriend.
4) I like both paperback and hardback books, but paperbacks are easier to carry around as they are no where near as heavy and awkward as paperbacks are to fit in your bag.
5) I have always loved reading and just books in general from a young age. People always say there was a certain moment or book that made them read, but honestly I can’t remember one for me. I have always read from a young age, and have been told by parents that I looked at books before I could even read. When I was little my parents used to read to me and tell me made up stories – as I was in hospital a lot was when I was younger; so I guess that sparked my love for books and words.
6) I never leave the house without a book – you never know when you will have to wait for something and find yourself having time to read.
7) I dropped a book in the bath when I was younger; I was heartbroken. It happened when I was around the age of 8 to 10 years old and let’s just say I didn’t start to read in the bath again till quite some years later. Also just to let you know this book was saved by my wonderful mother who dried it for me. On the hand – now I love reading in the bath as I find it very relaxing. But don’t worry I don’t drop any books in the bath.
8) I don’t have one favourite book, I have a wide wide selection of favourites as there are so many books I love.
9) I get the majority of my books from the library for three reasons. One in case I don’t like them and then feel it’s a waste of my money having bought a book that I didn’t like, two because the amount of books I read a year would mean I would have no money left and three is that I want to support libraries as well as bookstores as they are just as precious to the world.
10) I love Waterstones. Personally I think that Waterstones is the best bookstore, I have always loved and visited it since I was a child and so that has continued to stay the same as I have grown up.
11) I have met four authors. These being; Rachel Caine, E.Lockhart, Jack Hunter and Amy Alward.
12) I have four signed books. These being; Jack Hunter ~ Secret of the King by Martin King, Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine, Smart by Kim Slater, We Were Liars by E.Lockhart and The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable.
13) I have an ever growing TBR. I think that this one is obvious, as what book lover doesn’t.
14) I love Goodreads, as I find that it’s a great way to document what you have read so you can look back and see how your opinions of books have changed and see if the type of books you read have changed. It is also a great place to give and receive book recommendations from. If you want to check out my Goodreads account here is the link – https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/36351581-elena.
15) I am not a massive fan of science fiction books, but I want to try and read Illumine by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff.
16) I don’t write in my books, dog-ear the pages, bend their covers, or anything like that. They are too precious. I do not have any desire to damage my books. Now I know you may being thinking – “well hang on a minute who said a minute ago that they dropped a book in the bath?” but that was the only time that I have ever damaged any book.
17) I would love to be in a book club, as I love the idea of discussing a book each month and seeing people’s thoughts and opinions on it.
18) I love A Court of Thorns and Roses – in short ACOTAR – series by Sarah J Mass.
19) I wish did a book tube YouTube account, but I am to busy with other things in my life to be able to have time to do it.
20) I really don’t reread books as there are so many books that I need to read.
21) I still haven’t finished the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare and the Morganville vampire by Rachel Caine series after way to many years. It’s not that I don’t love them because I do – it’s just that I have never got round to finishing them and maybe also because finishing them means the world, the series, the characters and the plot are finished too.
22) I wish I could write a book, but I am such a busy person that I do not have time to do this to the best of my ability. The time I do have I spend doing things with my family and friends and reading and I would rather read than write a book any day. To write more is my goal this year, as I love writing and have so many ideas – plus I have a Wattpad account that’s been set up for years but has remained empty. This is my Wattpad account if you want to check it out when I eventually post something; https://www.wattpad.com/user/Emthebooklover18
23) Now I don’t have anything against you if you liked this book and please don’t hate me, but I didn’t like Paper Towns by John Green one bit. I liked The Fault in Our Stars – and I want to read his other books – it was just Paper Towns I did not like. I got to the end and was like “Oh, is that it?”.
24) I don’t eat while I read as I am too engaged and engrossed in the book.
25) I don’t intentionally listen to music while I read, however if there is music or the radio on in the background I still am able to read.
So that’s 25 bookish facts about me. I hope you feel you have learnt somethings about me, and have enjoyed my first blog post. Thank you for reading this post and feel free to like and comment any other questions you have and I will answer them for you.
Lost in Words