I thought that as last week was the Disney Read-A-Long, from the 6th – 12th May, I would do a Disney inspired tag. I must confess this post was meant to go up last week; however life got in the way so I didn’t have time to finish and post it.
Now it’s here and posted, I hope you enjoy it!!!
1) The Little Mermaid – a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
Seraphim from the Unremembered series by Jessica Brody – she starts off waking up from a plane crash and has no memories of her life at all.
2) Cinderella – a character who goes through a major transformation
Lena from the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver – she starts of being someone who doesn’t wan too get into trouble or break the rules but by the end of the series this has all changed. I can’t say anymore without spoiling it.
3) Snow White – a book with an eclectic cast of characters
The Diviners by Libba Bray – each individual character is so different to each other as they all have different personalities, cultural backgrounds, sexualities, interests and status. Plus – just to let you know it is an amazing book and I would recommend that you read it; I loved it.
4) Sleeping Beauty – a book that put you to sleep
Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler – unfortunately this book was a major disappointment for me. I nearly DNF it several times, as I found it just to be too slow and quite frankly boring; and I never describe a book as boring.
5) The Lion King – a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
Ruby from The Darkest Minds – I mean have you read the blurb of this book?
6) Beauty and the Beast – A beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas – I wasn’t intimidated by this book but when I got it out the library I did think “oh wow that is one thick book”. I mean it is 699 pages long – but I am not complaining as that means more of the A Court of Thorns and Roses world and more of Sarah J. Maas’ writing. I ended up loving it; but I mean I knew I would because it is a Sarah J. Maas book and I mean it has Rhys in it so what’s not to love about it?
7) Aladdin – a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse
The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – I can’t explain this without spoiling the book. All I can say is the character starts to get what she has always wanted.
8) Mulan – a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – Lia flees to a distant village and pretends she is just a regular common person by working in a tavern.
9) Toy Story – a book with characters you wish would come to life
The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare – if you have read this series then you will know why I don’t even need to explain this answer this question. I love the characters in this series – especially Will, Tessa and Jem; Will the most though!
10) Disney Descendants – your favourite villain or morally ambiguous character
Thank you for reading this tag, I hope you enjoyed it; feel free to like and comment any other questions you have in the comments, and I will answer them for you. What are some of your answers to these questions – please tell me in comments? Do you agree with any of my answers? What is your favourite Disney character and film? I love Disney and all their films!
I hope you are having a magical day wherever you are!
Lost in Words